In the United States, anxiety disorders are among the predominant mental health ailments that affect almost 31.1% of adults! According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, almost 18% of the population struggle with an anxiety disorder each year.
Although these disorders are treated with psychotherapy, medication, or a combination of the two, CBD oils are gaining popularity. We are here to show you how you can start responsibly supplementing your treatment plan. Let’s look at how pure natural CBD oil can help alleviate your symptoms.
First off, what even is CBD oil?
Short for cannabidiol oil, also known as CBD isolate oil, is the purest form of CBD (cannabinoid). This oil is sourced from hemp alongside the likes of THC (which adds the psychoactive response in weed), CBC, CBDa, CBDV, CBDG, and CBN. These can’t be picked and consumed from hemp as you do with fruits and vegetables.
During extraction, harmful components like waxes, chlorophyll, and lipids are removed, leaving beneficial compounds like terpenes and flavonoids to be readily available for consumption. You get infusions of CBD in the form of oils, tinctures, topical creams, or even edible flavored candy!
To ensure you are getting the best value for your money, consider the following points while making your next purchase:
- How potent is the cannabidiol in your CBD oil?
- What are the ingredients in CBD Hemp oil?
- Is the oil tested for safety?
- Does it follow the safety and regulations standards?
- What are people’s reviews about the oil?
- Does the product guarantee your satisfaction?
- How is the customer service of the brand you’re buying from?
A little bit of research into the field will save you a lot of time and pain down the road. Since the whole hemp industry is still in its nascency, it’s mostly unregulated. While many companies are trying to propel the growth of the industry, you need to be responsible while deciding to supplement your medical treatment.
We highly recommend you talk to your doctor before adding CBD oil to your treatment plan. Now that we have covered the basics let’s look at how pure natural CBD oil can benefit your mental health.
Anxiety relief through CBD oil
Anxiety disorders range from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and run through Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Panic Disorder.
- A study published in Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research in 2018 reports that almost 62% of purely natural CBD oil users found relief in their anxiety symptoms with regular oil use. Some scientists suggest that this is due to serotonin’s modulation (a chemical receptor that plays a role in anxiety regulation) in the body.
- In a 2020 study where they tested the effects, CBD oil had on individuals with mental health illness in New Zealand. They saw a noticeable difference in the moods of the 397 participants after three weeks of treatment. They also saw an improvement in their ability to function while reducing the depressive symptoms associated with Anxiety.
- 70% of the participants reported an overall increase in satisfaction, and only a meager 9.9% of participants experienced side effects such as sedation and vivid dreams. The authors of the study were able to find substantial evidence to prove that natural CBD oil can certainly help alleviate the negative effects of anxiety disorders.
How can I use CBD oil for my anxiety?
The administration methods can include:
- Oil dosage orally
- Sublingual sprays
- Edibles (gummy bears, lollipops, etc.)
- Vaporized oil
- Even cannabis flowers
Vaping the oil produces immediate relief to the anxiety symptoms, whereas ingesting the oil in the form of tinctures or capsules or even directly can show results thirty minutes from the drug administration. We recommend you eat something before taking the oil.
Are there any risks?
As with almost all medications, certain side effects are to be expected. That being said, most people who consume CBD don’t face any side effects. But each body is different. Here are certain symptoms few people have noticed:
- Decreased appetite
- Changes in weight
If you are on meds for your anxiety, please check with your doctor before taking CBD oil, as certain drug interactions can cause an increase in liver toxicity, so you need to rule out that your drug wouldn’t cause you any harm on CBD.
We have shown you how effective pure, natural CBD oil can be for treating your anxiety symptoms. While you certainly need to be responsible for your health by consulting with your doctor before you supplement your treatment, CBD wellness is all the rage today and for good reason. The research in the field is ever increasing and with promising results. You don’t have to suffer anymore, just buy your CBD oil from us here and enjoy a satisfying and happy, calm mind through your day.