Shall you buy CBD oil or Elixinol hemp oil? Perhaps learning the difference between CBD oil and hemp seed oil will help in making the right decision. Some people think that CBD oil and hemp seed oil are the same. In this article, we will see the difference between these two.
CBD oil uses flowers, leaves and stalks of the hemp plant. It has a high CBD content that offers numerous health benefits. Elixinol hemp oil is made from the Cannabis sativa plant’s seeds. There is no CBD in these seeds. However, this oil still has a rich nutrients profile. It contains fatty acids, numerous nutrients and bioactive compounds that offer significant health benefits.
Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp oil contains:
- Gamma-linolenic acid
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B
- Other nutritional antioxidants
This oil contains a little to no CBD and no THC.
As THC and CBD content is almost zero, hemp oil is not used for recreational purposes. The nutrient content of hemp oil makes it suitable for some nutritional supplements. Hemp seed oil is also used for manufacturing fibers and clothing.
How Does it Work
You can use Elixinol hemp oil to maintain cardiovascular health. It improves:
- Total cholesterol
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol
Effects and Benefits
You can add hemp oil to cookies, breads, snack bars, yogurt and other nutritional products. As hemp oil contains essential fatty acids and unsaturated fatty acids, it is a good source of nutrients. Elixinol hemp oil offers the following benefits:
- It improves gastrointestinal conditions.
- It relieves constipation.
- It improves skin conditions.
- It is good for cardiovascular health.
- It modifies your immune system.
The hemp seed oil has the following other possible benefits:
- Anti-aging effects
- Antioxidant effects
- Anticancer effects
Hemp seed oil is extracted from the hemp plant’s seed. The oil does not come from stem, flowers and leaves.
Risks and Side Effects
Hemp oil is perfectly safe. A small number of hemp oil users report minor digestive issues. As THC content is less than 0.3% (dry weight), it does not get you high.
There are three types of CBD oil including:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil (contains THC and all other cannabis plant compounds)
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil (does not contain THC)
- CBD isolates (contains CBD only)
When you are buying CBD oil online, don’t forget to check proper certification.
People use CBD oil for medicinal benefits. You can use CBD oil and other CBD products for:
- Pain and inflammation
- Addiction management
- Anxiety and depression
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Inflammatory skin conditions
CBD has antiepileptic effects. Only limited research work is done to confirm the other health benefits of CBD. However, a lot of people have personal stories to tell.
The THC content of full-spectrum CBD oil makes it suitable for recreational purposes as THC has psychoactive effects. THC may also prevent vomiting and nausea. CBD oil also contains phytocannabinoids and terpenoids in smaller amounts. However, further investigation is required to confirm the other health benefits of CBD oil.
How Does it Work
The scientific community requires more research to determine why and how CBD affects the human body. Scientists have done significant research on animals and results are encouraging. According to research, CBD works in the following ways:
- It increases serotonin receptors’ activity.
- It activates the transient receptor.
- It inhibits endocannabinoid reuptake.
The THC content of full-spectrum CBD oil provides psychoactive effects by binding to the CB1 receptor. CBD oil also contains beta-caryophyllene. It binds to the CB2 receptors.
Effects and Benefits
- CBD is neuroprotective, antidepressive, antianxiety, anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving and antiepileptic.
- THC is pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea.
- Beta-caryophyllene is pain-relieving and antianxiety.
- Limonene is antitumor and antioxidant.
- Cannabichromene is pain-relieving.
- Cannabigerol is neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory.
How is it made
CBD oil is obtained from the leaves and flowers of the plant. It requires carbon dioxide extraction and other specialized extraction processes.
Risks and Effects
CBD oil and other products are safe with only a few side effects. Epidiolex is a CBD drug for epilepsy. A small number of patients has reported the following side effects:
- Elevated liver function tests
- Decreased appetite